They do have something in common, though. They are or represent a status, attitude, condition, or symbol by which Christians are often identified. That is the unfortunate part. So if one of these hits a little too close to home, know that I completely respect your decision to follow your conscience. My issue is when these things take the place of the thing that should be the dead giveaway.
"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” - John 13:35 (TNIV)
They'll Know We Are Christians by....
- Our modest swimwear.
- Our extreme dispensationalism.
- Out courtship.
- Our witnessing t-shirts.
- Out natural family planning.
- Our Bachelor of Arts in Humanities with a Concentration in Homemaking degree that is only open to women.
- Our Cabbage Patch bonfires.
- Our love of biblical names.
- Our demeaning, harsh, alienating, and just plain weird church sign messages.
- Our broken "families."
- Our patriarchy.